Workshop: Mixed Reality Development with HoloLens
Mixed reality is a new groundbreaking technology that overlays 3d holograms in your physical space. It enhances the physical reality and lets you work with holographic environments that interact with your real world, unlocking endless possibilities.
HoloLens embraces virtual reality and augmented reality to create a new reality—mixed reality. Virtual reality immerses you in a simulated world. Augmented reality overlays digital information on top of your real world. By understanding your environment, mixed reality enables holograms to look and sound like they’re part of your world.
Learn in this workshop how simple it is to get started developing with mixed reality even without owning a physical device. You will have access to a real physical mixed reality devices such as the Microsoft HoloLens and Acer Mixed Reality developer kit, to test your work out on as you go through the exercises.
Over the course of the day you will learn the fundamentals of mixed reality development including
- Using the tooling, such as the device portal, Unity 3D, the HoloLens emulator and more
- Managing gaze and gestures to interact with holograms
- Designing voice control and using spatial audio to engage the user
- Understanding spatial mapping and how it is what shapes mixed reality
- Learn to test and design mixed reality experiences
- Understanding what mixed reality is and what it isn’t
- Using physical devices to get a true sense of the potential
Knowledge of Visual Studio 2017 and C# programming