Call for Papers
NDC TechTown 2020 will be an online event focused on hands-on workshops.
The Call for Papers ends 1 June 2020
Workshops will be scheduled as 2-day deep-dive workshops, or as shorter half-day, 3.5-hour workshops. If you are joining us remotely (outside of Norway), we can reschedule your workshop to suit your working day better, simply just let us know beforehand.
The 3,5 hour workshops will be scheduled 2-3 September. Morning sessions will run from 09:00-12:30. Afternoon sessions will run from 13:30-17:00.
If you’d like to run more than one session, that’s fine - but please break your material down into stand-alone modules. You may get people joining your workshop for later modules who were not present for the earlier ones.
We want to offer attendees a hands-on experience. Please make sure you have labs, exercises or other ways for attendees to get hands-on experience with the subjects.
If you’ve not run interactive online workshops before, don’t worry - we will run training sessions, rehearsals and webinars to help you adapt your material and your teaching style to the online format.
Speakers will receive 500 NOK for each attendee per half-day workshop. Attendees will register for the workshops like they would for a conference session, meaning you won’t know how many attendees you have prior to the workshop.
Here are some suggestions for topics:
- C++, Ada, C, and other relevant languages and implementation techniques
- Cloud computing and embedded devices (eg, sensors, SCADA, Cloud, SoC, GPU, FPGA)
- Software engineering (eg, design, methods, governance, model-driven architecture)
- Machine Learning, Deep Neural Networks, Algorithms
- Game Programming (eg, computer graphics, optimization, rendering, artificial intelligence)
- Software Tools (eg, Linux, git, CMake, Docker)
- Professionalism in Software Development
- Privacy, Security and Safety
- Product development case studies
- Other stuff you might think be relevant for this conference
Limit yourself to max 3 or 4 submissions. If you have previous speaking experience, please include links to videos, online presentations/slides or articles. In addition to specialists on particular topics, we are also looking for speakers with direct experience on developing real products.
The Call for Papers closes Monday, 1 June 2020
Do not hesitate to contact any of the committee members directly if you have any questions regarding this call for papers. You may also reach us at [email protected]
The NDC TechTown 2020 Agenda Committee