Workshop: Introduction to Machine Learning
In this workshop, you will be introduced to Machine Learning using Python. You will learn about the various libraries used in Python for machine learning, as well as the fundamental principles of some common machine learning algorithms.
- Crash course in Python
- Manipulating data in Python
- Data Visualization in Python
- What is Machine Learning?
- Types of Machine Learning Algorithms
- Anomaly Detection
- Introduction to Machine Learning using Python
- Using the Scikit-learn Libraries
- Using Machine Learning Algorithms in Python
- Linear Regression
- Logistics Regression
- Naïve Bayes
- Decision Tree
- Support Vector Machine
- K-Nearest Neighbours (KNN)
- Predicting student performance
- Detecting cancer
- And more...
- Basic programming experience
- Understanding of basic object-oriented programming concepts
Mac / Windows laptop
Anaconda (Jupyter Notebook)
Wei-Meng Lee is a technologist and founder of Developer Learning Solutions (http://www.learn2develop.net), a technology company specializing in hands-on training on the latest mobile technologies. Wei-Meng has many years of training experiences and his training courses place special emphasis on the learning-by-doing approach. His hands-on approach to learning programming makes understanding the subject much easier than reading books, tutorials, and documentations. His name regularly appears in online and print publications such as DevX.com, MobiForge.com, and CoDe Magazine.