13:40 - 14:40
Talk (60 min)
Most Malleable Memory Management Method
Examples for wanting to manage the memory usage of your program can be to reduce the cost of heap allocations, improve locality of reference, or maybe reduce heap fragmentation.
Regardless of reason, PMR, Polymorphic Memory Resource, is available since C++17, and makes your life much easier.
I will show you...
* Tools and techniques for analysing the memory usage of your program.
* How PMR makes memory management easier.
* How to use PMR with the standard library types.
* How to make your own types use PMR.
* Advice, and pitfalls to avoid, on your quest to improving the memory usage of your program.